Students are accepted into Grove City Christian Academy following the successful completion of an admission process. Throughout the admission process, special care will be given to communicate Grove City Christian Academy’s particular vision as a Christian school with a reformed theological commitment/worldview. During each step of the process, parents are expected and encouraged to familiarize themselves with Grove City Christian Academy’s mission and vision, to ask questions regarding any and all aspects of the school, to visit classes, review books, etc.
In response to an initial call to the school, information will be sent to the family regarding tuition, payment schedule, applications, financial aid forms (if requested), school hours, and information concerning the policies and mission of the school. After a completed application form, accompanied by the required application fee, has been received in the school office, an interview process will be followed in admitting students to Grove City Christian Academy.
Those applying for admission exclusively to the preschool will be evaluated with greater latitude regarding compliance with the above criteria. Thus, for preschoolers only, admission may be granted in those cases where not all of the above criteria are met. The families must understand, however, that full compliance must be met before the children can enter any grades from Kindergarten up. Thus, a subsequent interview with the Admissions Committee will be expected and required for those not in full compliance, prior to admitting the child(ren) into the Kindergarten.
Homeschooling families interested in having their children take classes must go through the application process.
Interviews will be conducted as follows:
First, an interview may be scheduled with the Administrator. This optional interview provides an excellent opportunity for the prospective family to learn more about the nature and mission of Grove City Christian Academy.
Second, an interview will be scheduled with the Admissions Committee in order to determine if the family and student(s) meet the requirements for admission to Grove City Christian Academy. In this interview, the Admissions Committee will seek to determine whether the family understands and agrees with the purpose of Grove City Christian Academy and to explain the expectations the school has of the parents.
Those applying for admission to Kindergarten and all other grades will be evaluated with regard to the following criteria:
- At least one of the parents must be able to give a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and agree with the following statements:
- Faith in Christ Jesus is a saving grace, whereby we receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the gospel.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the believer’s only infallible authority for faith and practice.
- In order to live a life consistent with his/her profession of faith in Christ, the believer consciously strives, by the work of the Holy Spirit, to grow in faith and obedience to Christ.
- The believing parents must be active members of a local church where the gospel is preached and the above statements are taught and upheld. If they are not members, they must be in regular attendance at such a church and be moving towards membership.
- The parents should be actively seeking to instruct their child/children in the principles of God’s Word within their home.
- During school hours and school-sponsored events, the parent(s) and student(s) must recognize Grove City Christian Academy as being “in loco parentis” (i.e. in the place of the parents), particularly in regard to disciplinary matters.
Following the interview, the Admissions Committee will deliberate and then inform all applicants by letter or phone whether or not a student has been accepted for enrollment.
Federal law requires the inclusion of the following statement:
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.